Advert

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

John Abraham and Yamaha have recently parted ways

John Abrahim

My brother didn’t lend me his bike. That was when I decided that I should have a bike of my own. It should reflect me, the power and the sport. That was when I decided it should be a Yamaha.

This was John Abraham in his very first TV ad for Yamaha, a brand that he endorsed for the past few years. Not any longer. John Abraham and Yamaha have recently parted ways, though its remains unclear who dumped whom.

“John has told Yamaha that he wouldn’t renew the contract for the brand promotion as the company doesn’t have the right product to match the actor’s macho personality,” according to a source close to Mr Abraham.

Yamaha Motor India, which is set to roll out two of its global hot sellers-the 1,000 cc YZF-R1 and 1,670 cc MT-01-later this year also confirmed that the contract with Abraham has come to an end and that the company is not going to renew it. “For the time being we are not renewing the contract with John Abraham,” said a company official.

No comments: